Power up with this simple high fiber breakfast bowl with a hearty three grains topped with candied oranges and pecans.
Your morning just got brighter with this simple grain breakfast bowl that you can totally customize to your liking.
I had the pleasure of attending the first Foodie Bootcamp back in October and it was such a blast, amazing hands-on learning experience and overall BEST EVENT ever.
One thing I discovered while making my breakfast is that when your oatmeal boils over and you lose some, you can combine it with a plain leftover grain like quinoa or granola and have a nutritious breakfast bowl. Tripe threat!
Candied oranges and pecans just seemed so “fall” to me but you can use any dried fruit and nut combo.
I love quinoa in general, because of it’s high protein content and oatmeal is just the best breakfast staple.
If you were serving company, it would be fun to have a variety of toppings for a DIY breakfast bowl buffet.
What are you loving for breakfast these days?
For other ideas check out these posts:
Orange Pecan Breakfast Bowl
Author: Melanie F. | Nutritious Eats
- 1 cup cooked oatmeal (gluten free if needed)
- 1 cup plain quinoa (leftover is great)
- 2 teaspoon honey
- ¼ cup diced candied oranges (can sub fresh orange segments)
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup granola of choice (I use gluten free)
- 4 tablespoons coconut creamer
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened coconut
- ½ teaspoon fresh orange zest
- Cook grains according to pack instructions. Combine oatmeal and quinoa in a bowl. Stir in honey and drizzle coconut creamer on top. Stir in fresh orange zest. Top with pecans, candied oranges, granola and coconut. Feel free to save second bowl for later in the week.