- Before You Buy: We Rank the Best and Worst BB Creams
- What is BB cream?
- Can we use BB cream instead of foundation?
- Can you use BB cream every day?
- Can you use BB cream and concealer?
- What are the best BB creams?
- What are the best BB creams for oily skin?
- What are the best BB creams for dry skin?
- The 11 Best BB Creams for Every Skin Type
- The Best BB Creams for a Radiant Complexion
- What is BB Cream?
- What Does BB Cream Do?
- How to Use BB Cream?
- BB Creams for Oily Skin
- BB Creams for Dry Skin
- BB Creams for Sensitive Skin, and Acne
- 20 Best BB Creams for Mature Skin (Reviews & Guide for 2020)
- 1. L’Oreal Paris Age Perfect BB Cream Instant Radiance
- 2. L’Oréal Paris Makeup Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
- 3. Juice Beauty Stem Cellular CC Cream
- 4. PÜR CC Cream
- 5. Revlon PhotoReady BB Skin Cream Perfector
- 6. stila Stay All Day 10-in-1 HD Beauty Balm
- 7. Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream
- 8. [SKIN79] Super Plus Beblesh Balm Original Gold BB (SPF30/PA++)
- 9. Kiehl’s Skin Tone Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream
- 10. BaeBlu Photoshoot CC Cream Ultra Hydration Complexion Corrector, Anti-Aging HD Formula
- 11. IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream with SPF 50+
- 12. 3LAB Perfect BB SPF 40 Broad Spectrum
- 13. Jane Iredale Dream Tint Moisturizer
- 14. Supergoop! Daily Correct CC Cream SPF 40
- 15. Olay CC Cream, Total Effects Tone Correcting Moisturizer with Sunscreen
- 16. Lumene CC Color Correcting Cream SPF20
- 17. Mary Kay CC Cream Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15
- 18. bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream SPF 30
- 19. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Aging Perfector SPF 20, Retinol Treatment
- 20. Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin BB Beauty Balm Cream
- Why Get a BB Cream For Mature Skin?
- 20 Best BB Creams for Every Skin Type or Issue – Best BB Creams of 2020
- The Best BB Creams for Dry Skin 2019
- The best BBcream 2019 to buy
- 1. Nivea skin Care BB cream
- 2. La Roche-Posay Hydreane BB cream
- 3. Vichy Idéalia BB cream
- 4. Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB cream
- 5. Olay Total Effects BB cream
- How does the BBcream work?
- What should a good bb cream have on it?
- We identified the following importantpoints during our BB Cream test:
- What should beconsidered when applying BB cream?
- When is the BBcream recommended?
Before You Buy: We Rank the Best and Worst BB Creams
We are all aware that skin care changes as the seasons do. In the winter, it’s important to load up on moisturizers to avoid flaky, chapped skin. The same occurs in the spring and summer. Though it’s never a great idea to remove moisturizers from your skin care routine, it’s important to take note of how your skin changes in warm weather.
If your skin is oily, combination or acne-prone, you may notice that it’s tough to leave home in the warm weather without returning looking as if you’ve basically spent 12 hours melting your face off.
Avoiding a sweaty face can be annoying and may even seem impossible. Even with all the primers, matte foundations and blotting papers, your oil production could still go from 0 to 100 real quick.
That’s where BB creams come in.
What is BB cream?
BB creams are a step beyond tinted moisturizers as they offer more beauty benefits. Benefits range from anti-aging to evening skin to even fighting acne. Most provide SPF protection, but you may still want to work in some sunscreen if the coverage falls below 30 or if you’re only applying a thin layer of the best BB cream to your face.
Can we use BB cream instead of foundation?
Once oil enters the picture during the warmer months, an invitation goes out to blemishes to come have a party on your face. A party that can last days, weeks or even months. Since no one wants that, it’s important to transition and train your skin.
Our solution has always been lightening our everyday coverage. Lightweight foundations may not be as heavy as your go-to formulas, but they still pack pore-clogging ingredients. BB creams are usually a better option.
Though many are made with silicone, most are oil-free and they’re more lightweight than the lightest foundation on the market.
Can you use BB cream every day?
BB creams can be worn daily just your fave foundation. Just make sure you pick the right one. Since all skin types aren’t the same, neither are BBs.
They’re not just for the oily-skinned looking to lighten coverage and reduce pore clogging, there are also some formulated to soothe sensitive skin, hydrate dry skin, smooth textured skin and rejuvenate mature skin.
The best part about them all is that they’re formulated to prime, moisturize, protect and perfect skin, thus canceling out the many products applied to your face daily.
Can you use BB cream and concealer?
BB cream coverage ranges from light to full with many being moderate. The more you layer it, the more coverage you’ll receive, but since you’ll be treating your skin in the process, the fear of wearing too much shouldn’t exist.
We don’t recommend layering it under foundation or adding concealer on top as it’ll beat the purpose of limiting the amount of gunk that goes into your pores, but if going solo isn’t your thing, brushing a finishing powder on top should give you the coverage you need.
What are the best BB creams?
Key ingredients to look for in the best BB creams are antioxidants, such as vitamins C, A and E to help reduce wrinkles and even skin tone, hyaluronic acid for hydration and SPF to protect skin from the sun’s rays. There are even brands that add little extras, light diffusers, a bouquet of floral extracts and even brand-developed technologies.
What are the best BB creams for oily skin?
The best BB cream for oily skin should feature ingredients designed to soak up as much oil as possible, leaving even acne-prone skin a smooth canvas. La Roche-Posay even developed its own technology called Airlicium that absorbs 150 times its weight in oil to make sure the oiliest complexions stay perfectly matte.
What are the best BB creams for dry skin?
When it comes to supplying moisture, the best BB cream for dry skin should boast ingredients that promote and retain hydration. Take Bobbi Brown’s BB cream; it contains water-attracting molecules to not only increase moisture levels but actually keep them high throughout the day.
Coola Rōsilliance Organic BB+ Cream SPF 30
Here are the best BB creams for a whole host of skin issues.
- Bobbi Brown
- La Roche-Posay
- Estée Lauder
To see which works best for your skin concern, here are the products with the best BB cream reviews that’ll give you ageless, blemish-free, dewy skin this season.
[ CC Cream vs. BB Cream: Which Miracle Product Should You Be Using? ]
The 11 Best BB Creams for Every Skin Type
Images courtesy of brands
- OK, so while this one jumps the alphabet to CC cream, there's a reason it's won a Readers' Choice Award the last three years. Other than a generous heaping of SPF, one of the top ingredients is snail mucin (plus collagen, peptides, hyaluronic acid, antioxidants, and vitamins A, B, C, and E), making this full-coverage formula super hydrating as well as a skin-care stand-in when you want all the help you can get.$38 (Shop Now)
- This primer-plus-coverage pick from Korean-French infusion brand Erborian is a creamy and mattifying option for days when the humidity levels are at a rude height and you just want some light-to-medium coverage underneath your makeup.$39 (Shop Now)
- Another BB cream that's heavy on the SPF is this one from Kiehl's, which contains vitamin C to help even out skin tone in the long term as its sheer coverage helps even out your skin tone in the short term.$38 (Shop Now)
- Typically, BB creams don't boast serious coverage, but Stila's version contains teeny microspheres that are supposed to reduce the appearance of wrinkle depth by 84 percent. We're not 100 percent sure of that, but the lotion did make our fine lines less noticeable without creasing or looking spackled on and it contains peptides to treat them for the long term.$38 (Shop Now)
- Most BB creams cover a tinted moisturizer, but this one behaves more a lightweight foundation (which, as any good makeup artist will tell you, makes skin look fresher than the really pigmented formulas). It contains caffeine to soften lines, and vitamin E and seaweed extract to control oil production, which will help your makeup stay on longer. The mineral pigments help cover fine lines and minor blemishes, but they're not enough for serious discoloration, so supplement with a solid concealer.$39 (Shop Now)
- the original BB creams, which often came in cushion compact form, Laneige zhuzhed up its classic oil-free formula to include two options: hydrating and matte. You get a surprising amount of coverage along with the feeling of lightness, and a soft-focus, semi-matte finish also provides hydration. Consider this compact one way to winterize your face.$38 (Shop Now)
- Available in five shades, this Best of Beauty Award winner coats your face in a veil of moisture and sheer coverage that provides a nice dose of SPF 30 as well. Also, in case you're worried about breakouts, it's oil-free so it's a base that covers many bases.$8 (Shop Now)
- For oily skin types and cruelty-free and vegan beauty enthusiasts, Tarte's medium-to-full-coverage BB cream features Amazonian clay, chamomile, and vitamins A, C, and E to blot out blemishes and fill in fine lines without making you look too dewy. The formula actually helps absorb oil but doesn't dry you out because it contains sodium hyaluronate.$36 (Shop Now)
- If you have shine issues, you usually look for oil-free foundation. But this will do you one better: The oil-free cream tempers shine and also moisturizes with hyaluronic acid because even acne-prone skin needs moisture. And it avoids a pitfall of some shine reducers. Instead of mattifying, which can look dull, this sheer formula actually adds a subtle (read: not reflective or slick-looking) glow. And since it's a BB cream, it's also got skin-care ingredients antioxidants including vitamins E and C.$43 (Shop Now)
- Soy, licorice, vitamin C, and arbutin have been shown to fade discoloration on the skin's surface. You can find arbutin (a botanical extract that helps stop melanin production) in this K-beauty favorite. Bonus: The formula also makes skin look smoother with adenosine, a sugar molecule that speeds up cell renewal.$39 (Shop Now)
- One of the original K-beauty BB creams that was at the top of the game when BB creams hit the Western market, Missha's dewy formula features snail mucin as a skin-repairing, brightening, and hydrating ingredient. It feels just a lightweight moisturizer on your face but it gives you full coverage, making it perfect for dry, normal, or combo skin types. The one downside: The shade range is unfortunately very limited with just five colors for fair to medium-tan skin tones.$22 (Shop Now)
The Best BB Creams for a Radiant Complexion
Just all skin types aren’t the same, all BB creams aren’t made the same. There’s some that provide light coverage to stop pores from clogging, some that are created with ultra-hydrating properties for dry skin, and some that are made to soothe sensitive skin.
The one thing that they all have in common, however, is that they are multi-tasking wonders, formulated ideally to replace your moisturiser, primer, foundation and SPF, all in one small tube.
Choose the best BB cream for your skin type and you’ll not only save time on your beauty routine, but you’ll also save your skin from its woes.
What is BB Cream?
BB cream, otherwise known as a beauty or blemish balm, is a multi-tasking beauty product that combines skincare and makeup together.
Essentially it’s a hybrid product that combines the benefits of moisturiser, primer, foundation and often SPF together to hydrate, protect and correct the skin on your face.
As such, it’s the first cream to make your skin appear better on the surface while working underneath to help improve your natural complexion.
Although all BB creams aim for these same multi-tasking results, the term can be quite general, encompassing a range of different formulas offering different shades, textures and skincare benefits. To confuse things a little further, there’s also now CC (colour correcting) creams on the market, which work a BB cream but focus more on evening-out skin tone than other issues.
What Does BB Cream Do?
Working a tinted moisturiser on steroids, BB creams contain skin-loving ingredients to nurture your face while providing lightweight coverage. These ingredients can range from antioxidants and vitamins to hyaluronic and salicylic acids, and more.
Together they offer a wide variety of skincare benefits including reducing the signs of ageing, fighting acne and evening out skin tone. The unique formula of BB creams, which boasts the same benefits of a facial cream while looking makeup, is lighter than traditional foundations.
While you can still build the product liquid makeup, it won’t clog your pores as thick foundation often does. It will, however, leave you with radiant and youthful looking skin from the inside out. Just remember to pick the right shade for your skin tone.
While a lot of BB creams claim to be “one shade fits all”, it’s not always true.
How to Use BB Cream?
BB creams can be used all year round, but they’re particularly useful in the summertime. Their light coverage will control oily skin in hot weather, without clogging pores or causing acne.
They also have great staying power through the heat and most contain SPF for protection from the sun’s harmful rays. While it’s tempting to apply them an SPF or facial cream, BB creams are best applied with a foundation brush or sponge rather than fingers.
Gently work the tinted formula into your skin, making sure to build the product lightly and blend well.
A lot of BB creams aim to replace several of your skincare and makeup products, and they do a good job of it. You may need a little extra help, however, if you want more coverage or have any skin issues.
Those with extra dry skin should layer moisturiser before their BB cream to ensure the pigment doesn’t stick to dry patches of skin, while anyone concerned with circles under their eyes, blemishes, or dark spots, can apply concealer over the top.
BB Creams for Oily Skin
While many people with oily skin go to the extremes of either avoiding makeup altogether or piling it on, finding a happy medium is an ideal solution. That’s why BB cream is a great tool for anyone with oily skin, but the right BB cream is essential. Choose the wrong one and it could wreak havoc on your already oily complexion.
What you need is a product that provides oil-free hydration while controlling the skin’s excess oil secretion to minimise shine and breakouts.
It may seem tricky, but once you find the right oil-balancing formula, you’ll be able to ditch the blotting sheets and feel confident about your skin all day long. Look for products specifically designed for oily or combination skin in light formulas that allow the skin to breathe.
The aim is to rebalance the skin by soaking up oil without stripping away moisture. Keep an eye out for BB creams that are oil-free, designed to tighten pores and with a matte finish.
BB Creams for Dry Skin
When you have dry skin, it’s essential to look for beauty products that will hydrate and rejuvenate. As makeup, such as foundation, can often exacerbate dry facial skin, switching to a moisture-rich BB cream can be an ideal solution.
Look for products that contain hyaluronic acid for intense hydration that lasts all day, as well as cell boosting vitamin C to plump up your skin and brighten dull tones. Glycerin will also help attract moisture to your skin while alcohol-free formulas will prevent unnecessary drying.
Choose a BB cream that blends easily to avoid pigment build up in dry areas, and that contains light-reflecting particles to give your skin back the natural-looking glow that dryness often dulls.
Remember, you can always layer extra moisturiser underneath your BB cream if you still feel your skin drying out throughout the day.
BB Creams for Sensitive Skin, and Acne
BB creams can be perfect for those with sensitive and acne-prone skin. Providing lightweight coverage for instant cosmetic relief, as well as including ingredients to soothe sensitive skin and reduce blemishes, they’re an ideal option.
When choosing BB creams, pick ones that are specifically targeted to your skin condition to ensure that you’re not exacerbating any problems.
For sensitive skin look for products that are hypoallergenic, fragrance-free, paraben-free, dermatologist tested and that contain soothing botanicals, such as chamomile and aloe. For acne-prone skin, choose formulas that help reduce pore size and control oil.
Look for the terms oil-free, non-comedogenic and silicone-free on the package to avoid trapping dirt in the skin and clogging pores. Instead, opt for BB creams containing salicylic acid, which aids in the treatment of acne.
20 Best BB Creams for Mature Skin (Reviews & Guide for 2020)
Last Updated on Jan 14, 2020
As we age, our skin becomes drier and prone to wrinkles and discoloration. But the best BB creams for mature skin fight this trend. They hydrate and firm while they protect against damage from the environment. Still, they aren’t just a moisturizer for aging skin. They cover up blemishes and correct color, too.
We hand-picked the top products and reviewed them here for you. This article will save you a lot of time researching. Just click on any of the links below to see more details about a specific product.
1. L’Oreal Paris Age Perfect BB Cream Instant Radiance
Shop now at Amazon
L’Oreal’s Age Perfect BB Cream hits the sweet spot between price and value. It offers essential features blemish camouflage, sunscreen, and hydration. But it also contains ingredients that fade discoloration and firm up the skin.
This 5-in-1 makeup can replace your foundation, moisturizer, and sunblock for casual wear. The SPF 20 sunscreen protects your face from UV radiation. Meanwhile, the Vitamin C complex and soy proteins revitalize texture and skin tone to turn back the clock.
Customers over 50 who wear it say that the lightweight cream goes on smooth, minimizes wrinkles, and adapts to their skin tone. It sets to a radiant finish, not matte.
2. L’Oréal Paris Makeup Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
Shop now at Amazon
You’ll need to apply a separate sunscreen when you wear L’Oreal’s Magic Skin Beautifier. Otherwise, this BB cream is just about perfect. It moisturizes dry skin and neutralizes free radicals with vitamins C and E. Meanwhile, the ultra-light cream contains pigments that automatically adjust to your skin color. Then they perfect your appearance by correcting discoloration.
Should you need more powerful color correction, or specific formula to fight fatigue, check out the other two versions of the Skin Beautifier BB cream.
3. Juice Beauty Stem Cellular CC Cream
Shop now at Amazon
Juice Beauty’s CC cream rejuvenates your complexion with fruit stem cells and antioxidants. Each day while you wear it, it repairs skin damage and minimizes fine lines. As it firms your skin, it also protects against the sun with SPF 30. This sunscreen is minerals, not chemicals. Finally, it hydrates while it evens out skin color.
4. PÜR CC Cream
Shop now at Amazon
The PUR CC cream is vegan, was never tested on animals, and it’s packaged in a BPA-free container. Also, there are no parabens, gluten, or silicone in the formula.
If that isn’t enough to sell you on the product, it also brightens skin tone and erases fine lines. Wear it as your daily moisturizer and sunscreen with SPF 40. Apply it underneath foundation as a primer or use it as a concealer.
The secret lies with key ingredients wheat germ and meadowsweet.
5. Revlon PhotoReady BB Skin Cream Perfector
Shop now at Amazon
The PhotoReady BB cream from Revlon makes undereye circles disappear with medium, buildable coverage. Either way, it behaves a foundation, a primer, and a concealer. Plus, it has SPF 30. Customers over 60 report that it improves their appearance and feels light on their skin without costing an arm and a leg.
6. stila Stay All Day 10-in-1 HD Beauty Balm
Shop now at Amazon
stila wants to help you stop touching up your makeup throughout the day. Their HD Beauty Balm contains microspheres that smooth over wrinkles. It sets to a silky finish. The pigment diminishes redness and heals irritation with peptides and plant extracts. Moreover, it reduces oiliness in the T-zone. Then, throughout the day, it keeps your skin hydrated and speeds up antioxidant activity.
7. Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream
Shop now at Amazon
Garnier’s Miracle Skin Perfector BB cream brightens dull skin with vitamin C and mineral pigments. It moisturizes for up to 24 hours to eliminate dull patches. Additionally, it protects against UV damage with SPF15. Users say that the thick cream provides light to medium coverage which blurs blemishes.
8. [SKIN79] Super Plus Beblesh Balm Original Gold BB (SPF30/PA++)
Shop now at Amazon
Korean beauty brand Skin79 makes several different BB balms that solve a variety of problems. The Original Gold version erases wrinkles, lightens skin tone, and protects against the sun with SPF 30.
It contains gold, niacinamide, and caviar to improve texture and make your complexion radiant. Customers over 50 who use it say that it replaces their moisturizer and foundation.
With a little powder, it controls oil in the T-zone throughout the day.
9. Kiehl’s Skin Tone Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream
Shop now at Amazon
Kiehl’s BB cream offers lightweight coverage for all skin types. You can build layers to better conceal imperfections. Also important, it has broad-spectrum SPF 50 sunscreen. When it sets, skin looks smoother and brighter.
10. BaeBlu Photoshoot CC Cream Ultra Hydration Complexion Corrector, Anti-Aging HD Formula
Shop now at Amazon
BaeBlu’s Photoshoot CC cream tackles two problems at once. First, it instantly creates a flawless canvas with buildable coverage and a luminous satin finish. Next, it works behind the scenes to visibly reduce fine lines and wrinkles while you wear it. This made in the USA product contains organic ingredients and was never tested on animals.
11. IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream with SPF 50+
Shop now at Amazon
The CC cream from IT Cosmetics is clinically proven to help problem skin. It has broad-spectrum mineral sunscreen, but it never creases or cakes. While it camouflages dark spots and fine lines, it also works to diminish them. Over time, the combination of peptides, collagen, hyaluronic acid, antioxidants, and niacin retexture your skin. It minimizes pores, too.
12. 3LAB Perfect BB SPF 40 Broad Spectrum
Shop now at Amazon
3LAB’s customers love the lightweight texture and intense moisturization of the Perfect BB cream. The sheer tint brightens the complexion and protects against ultraviolet damage.
13. Jane Iredale Dream Tint Moisturizer
Shop now at Amazon
Jane Iredale’s Dream Tint Moisturizer is reef-safe so you can enjoy it at the beach. It lacks the chemical sunscreens that poison corals. It’s also excellent if you want to freshen up before you go to the gym or head out for a jog because it’s water-resistant up to 40 minutes. The SPF 15 and soft focus pigments are just enough for a little fun in the sun.
14. Supergoop! Daily Correct CC Cream SPF 40
Shop now at Amazon
if you have age spots, Supergoop aims to provide everything you need in one formula. Their Daily Correct CC cream has sunscreen plus lightweight pigments. The light-diffusing mica blurs the appearance of pores and lines. At the same time, apple extract plus omega-3 and omega-6 fade hyperpigmentation.
15. Olay CC Cream, Total Effects Tone Correcting Moisturizer with Sunscreen
Shop now at Amazon
Olay’s CC cream seeks to keep your complexion looking young and healthy. To begin with, it moisturizes and disguises fine lines and wrinkles. Next, it protects against photoaging with SPF15. Then, it brightens skin tone to hide dark spots. Finally, you can wear it by itself or as a primer underneath a foundation, too.
16. Lumene CC Color Correcting Cream SPF20
Shop now at Amazon
Lumene’s color-correcting cream covers up age spots and redness while it protects your skin from sunburn. The very light formula sets to a semi-matte finish that lasts all day. You can wear it by itself or underneath makeup.
17. Mary Kay CC Cream Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15
Shop now at Amazon
Mary Kay designed their CC cream to provide multiple benefits in one product. Not only does it perfect your appearance a foundation, but it’s light enough that it never looks caked-on or overdone. There are several shades to choose from, and all feature a lightweight sunscreen.
18. bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream SPF 30
Shop now at Amazon
The bareMinerals Complexion Rescue is a tinted moisturizer that guards against sunburn all day long. It contains mineral pigments that block UV radiation. At the same time, the gel- formula hydrates the skin to make it look and feel smoother. Users say it dries to a dewy finish.
19. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Aging Perfector SPF 20, Retinol Treatment
Shop now at Amazon
Neutrogena’s Anti-Aging Perfector is a BB cream with retinol. It moisturizes skin so that your face looks refreshed. Meanwhile, the retinol erases fine lines over time as you use it day after day. The light formula provides sheer coverage.
20. Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin BB Beauty Balm Cream
Shop now at Amazon
If you prefer natural products, not chemicals, try the Physicians Formula BB cream. It contains 70% organic components and a lightweight tint. The list of ingredients includes coconut fruit extract, coconut water, and coconut oil that refreshes skin. There’s also orange fruit water, jojoba seed oil, and glycerin to seal in moisture.
Why Get a BB Cream For Mature Skin?
It’s no secret that BB creams are timesavers. Since they typically combine moisturizer, sunscreen, and pigment, they cut down your morning prep time. Most users find that BB creams provide just what they need for everyday, casual wear.
The creams we chose for our reviews today include other benefits, too. Many of them reduce wrinkles and fade discoloration with regular use. Those features are an ideal match for mature skin.
Just because you might not be a spring chicken anymore, doesn’t mean you can’t find good makeup. Try one of the best BB creams for mature skin to revitalize your complexion. We hope our reviews led you to something new to try today. Let us know what you discovered, and check out our other reviews for the best in beauty and skincare.
20 Best BB Creams for Every Skin Type or Issue – Best BB Creams of 2020
Rosdiana CiaravoloGetty Images
Existing somewhere between a moisturizer and foundation is a BB cream. The beauty or blemish balm (BB) aims to “moisturize, protect, and correct” the skin, according to Sung-Jae Jung, MD, founder of BB pioneer Dr.
Jart+, to minimize the need for the other products in your beauty routine.
Not to be mistaken for its sister, CC creams—which stand for “color correcting”—BB creams are infused with antioxidants, brightening agents, acids, and broad-spectrum SPF to treat the skin while giving it a fresh, even glow.
With summer fast approaching, high temperatures and full-face beat usually spell disaster. But a lightweight, breathable BB cream won’t steer you wrong. Ahead, the 20 best BB creams that make your skin look skin, but better.
Advertisement – Continue Reading Below
For A Makeup and Skincare Hybrid
ColourPop Pretty Fresh Hyaluronic Acid Tinted Moisturizer ColourPop ulta.com
Formulated with hyaluronic acid and coconut water, Coloupop’s tinted moisturizer combines makeup and skincare to give your skin some much-needed TLC all day long.
For An Instagram-Ready Finish
Tinted Moisturizer Natural Skin Perfector Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Laura Mercier sephora.com
Laura Mercier took its original tinted moisturizer and revamped it with a new formula and a wider shade range. With added skincare ingredients macadamia and kukui seed oils, this skin tint provides an instant natural finish—no Paris IG filter necessary.
For A Mrs. Bieber-Approved Product
Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30 BareMinerals ulta.com
BareMinerals’ Complexion Rescue offers a weightless veil of coverage and hydrates even the driest skin. Plus, it’s Hailey Bieber’s desert island must-have for broad-spectrum SPF.
For A Glow
Perfecting Skin Tint Glossier glossier.com
Described as a “sheer skin enhancer,” Glossier’s cult-favorite skin tint makes your skin look skin, but better. It won’t blur dark spots and blemishes but it will give your skin an even tone and a sunkissed glow.
For All-In-One Coverage
CC+ Cream with SPF 50+ IT Cosmetics itcosmetics.com
If your makeup routine includes five or more products, It Cosmetics’ CC+ cream is the all-in-one product you need to cut your routine in half. Its buildable coverage covers up impurities without leaving a cakey feeling and collagen, antioxidants, peptides, and more work together to create a youthful finish.
For An Easy Blend
BB Cream SPF 20
Infused with cucumber, jojoba, aloe, and vitamin E, your skin will feel hydrated and healthy for days on end. The lightly tinted cream also blends super easily for a natural finish.
Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm Dr. Jart+ sephora.com
A beauty balm that can do it all. The formula works to even skin tone and contains botanical actives that calm red or irritated skin. Arbutin also works to eradicate dark spots, leaving your skin bright and fresh.
For Matte Skin
Acne Solutions BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 40 Clinique sephora.com
If you're looking for a bit more coverage, this BB cream is made for you. The non-greasy texture takes care of shine all day to create a matte finish that doesn't look too dry.
For A Shine Fighter
Effaclar BB Blur La Roche-Posay laroche-posay.us
Meet the perfect BB cream for oily skin. The mousse works to minimize the appearance of large pores and blemishes and also fights humidity.
For A Bit of Dewiness
BB Cushion Hydra Radiance SPF 50 Laneige sephora.com
The Laneige BB Cushion feels light but also provides great coverage. The cushion also has a bit of shimmer and brightens the overall appearance of skin.
For Botox in a Jar
BB Cream SPF 35 Bobbi Brown nordstrom.com
It's all about balance with this BB cream. Water-attracting molecules work to boost hydration while light-reflective pearls brighten and even the skin. Plus, argireline peptide, nicknamed “botox in a jar,” works to minimize the appearance of wrinkles.
For A Good Deal
Makeup Dream Fresh BB Cream Maybelline amazon.com
Here's the ultimate drugstore steal. The water-gel formula goes on smooth, providing hydration in an instant. The product also is free from oils so you won't be shiny all day.
For The 'Gram
Super BB InstaReady BB Cream Physicians Formula ulta.com
the name promises, this BB cream will have you Instagram ready in a pinch. The blendable and buildable coverage will also cover imperfections and provide flawless skin a “pretty” filter.
For 24 Hour Coverage
'DayWear' Anti-Oxidant BB Creme Broad Spectrum SPF 35 Este Lauder nordstrom.com
The antioxidant formula is designed to treat it all. Hyaluronic acid provides a burst of hydration and the oil-free product won't clog your pores so you'll feel refreshed and moisturized, no matter how long you plan to wear it.
For The K-Beauty Lover
Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42
K-beauty for the win. The best-selling BB cream provides a good amount of coverage without leaving your face feeling cakey.
For A Green Beauty Fix
BB Cream with SPF 15 Burt's Bees amazon.com
Burt's Bees BB cream has the perfect balance of a hydrating lotion and concealer- coverage. The added Noni extract provides a burst of antioxidants.
For A Foundation- Finish
BB Cream SPF 35 Smashbox Camera Ready sephora.com
A little goes a long way with this BB cream. It works to hydrate the skin while concealing blemishes with buildable coverage.
For Sensitive Types
BB Cream Broad Spectrum Spf 30 DERMADoctor amazon.com
The non-drying and non-comedogenic formula won't clog your pores, making it ideal for the most sensitive skin types. The BB cream also adapts to different skin tones so you'll never have to worry about color matching.
For Dry and Dull Skin
Hydro Boost Hydrating Tint Neutrogena amazon.com
Skin feeling kind of bleh? Key ingredients hyaluronic and glycerin work to hydrate and plump your skin to add a fresh glow.
For A Vegan Option
Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20
The Amazonian clay base is ideal for oily skin types because it works overtime to cleanse pores and rid them of dirt and debris. The BB cream is also a great vegan option that's packed with vitamins A, C, and E that moisturize and brighten skin.
Advertisement – Continue Reading Below
The Best BB Creams for Dry Skin 2019
BB creams are the best way to avoid makeup on your face. BB cream stands for Beauty Balm Cream or Blemish Balm Cream.
The product comes from Asia, where this type of foundation has long been standard in make-up. For a product to be called a BB cream, it has to fulfill several functions.
Usually, this includes sunscreen, a radiant result, moisturizing, and foundation. BB creams are available in different forms today.
The best BBcream 2019 to buy
You want to know what the best BB Creamis? Then you are exactly right here. We take a look at selected creams in thiscomparison test and answer some important questions about the application andeffect of these special care products on the facial skin.
1. Nivea skin Care BB cream
A great surprise has been BB Nivea skin Care cream. It has even beaten BB creams of much more pretentious brands.
This cream promises to provide up to 5 functions at the same time: it moisturizes and illuminates the skin, unifies its tone, closes the dilated joints, covers imperfections and protects the skin from UV rays (SPF 10). It is no exaggeration.
The texture is thicker but the cream spreads easily, it is absorbed quickly and has a very pleasant aroma. In addition, the packaging has a practical format.
What results can you expect? The cream will unify the tone of your skin, cover imperfections and, in turn, give your skin a natural look – something that does not always get a make-up. Your skin will be hydrated throughout the day. To make it last longer you can try the following trick: give it a pass of powders during the day. To end,
2. La Roche-Posay Hydreane BB cream
This La Roche-Posay Hydreane BB cream stands out for a perfect consistency, neither too liquid nor too thick. It is easily applied and absorbed well. In addition, its texture is very soft and light does not oil or overload the skin.
On the contrary, you can notice its soothing benefits on the skin. It keeps the skin hydrated throughout the day and has a great ability to cover imperfections.
Another of its advantages is the relatively high SPF 20 racial factor to which the skin will be protected from harmful UV rays.
3. Vichy Idéalia BB cream
Vichy Idéalia BB Cream From the renowned Vichy brand you will see the skin illuminated and beautiful. What’s more, this BB cream manages to conceal traces of fatigue, unify the tone and hide small imperfections of the skin.
The consistency is optimal, easy to apply and quickly absorbed. The cream contains fat in its proper measure. In addition, after prolonged use, you will notice the reduction of wrinkles.
Therefore it is recommended for mature skin since it replaces the effect of anti-wrinkle day creams.
4. Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB cream
It is an effective cream at a fantastic price. Although it has a thicker texture, it is absorbed relatively quickly, covers imperfections and moisturizes the skin effectively. It is recommended for dry skin that does not tend to suffer the gloss effect.
If your skin is mixed, it would not be a good choice. However, in this case, you can try the BB Garnier Pure Active cream, indicated for acne skin, which not only conceals the imperfections of the skin but at the same time serves to prevent them.
5. Olay Total Effects BB cream
And finally, we recommend the Olay Total Effects cream. It is a moisturizing day cream and, at the same time, rejuvenating. It also has a certain amount of the legendary makeup base Max Factor.
This formula gives the skin a natural and healthy tone, perfect hydration, nutrition and coverage of imperfections. If you prefer a scented cream, this could be a good option.
Despite the shape of its container and the dispenser not so practical, it is worthwhile to bet on the cream, as its benefits will compensate for this problem.
How does the BBcream work?
The concept of a BB cream is thecombination of day cream, moisturizer and foundation, often rounded off by asun protection factor. Thus, the BB creams are true cosmetics all-rounder andcombine many functions that are important for skin care.
The BB Cream has been around since the60s of the last century. The inventor is the German skin doctor Dr. med.Christine Schrammer, whose care products are still very much in demand today.
At some point, the BB Cream trend alsocame to Asia. There, this concept was taken up with joy – it is no coincidencethat bright, flawless skin is considered a beauty ideal. Meanwhile, there aremany Asian manufacturers in this area, which attract attention especially byhigh built-in sun protection factors in the BB creams.
A BB Cream is much more than just atinted day cream – in addition to opacity and skin care, it often containssunscreen and anti-aging substances. With young and unproblematic skin, thetrend even goes so far that a BB Cream often makes the application of afoundation superfluous.
What should a good bb cream have on it?
The manufacturers sometimes interpretthe BB Creams slightly differently. Sometimes there is more anti-aging,sometimes sunscreen disappears, and the consistency also varies considerablyfrom one care product to another.
That’s why we’ve compiled a list offeatures and functions that we think make a good BB Cream.
We identified the following importantpoints during our BB Cream test:
- Goodcovering power of impure skin, bumps, pores, redness, pigmentation marks anddark circles.
- Anatural appearance without a mask- effect, in that the BB cream adapts tothe skin tone without seams and streaks.
- Pleasantand well-distributed consistency that is easy to apply and adapts to the skinstructure.
- Long-lastingresult – ideally all day, with occasional powdering.
- Goodfertility, so you only need a small amount of BB Cream for the application.
- Mattingproperties, no darkening, no greasing.
- Naturalcare ingredients, no ingredients with allergy potential.
- Goodcompatibility, so that the BB Cream can also be used to cover the eye shadow.
- SufficientSPF, which should not be too high. A high permanent sunscreen is not so goodfor the skin, because then you may eventually lack the vitamin D.
- Importantto conclude: The BB cream should not be overpriced.
On the basis of the expression and theweighting of these criteria, each user can determine what is the best BB Creamfor her.
What should beconsidered when applying BB cream?
The BB Cream application should proceed in the following steps:
- Afterthe usual skin care, the skin should be smoothed as desired with a primer andprepared for the application of the BB cream.
- Forvery dry facial skin you can still use moisturizing day cream as a base for theBB Cream. The care effect can also be increased by a previously applied vitaminC serum.
- Dueto the fertility is often enough to pump the BB cream for the whole face.
- Applythe cream either with your fingers or for example with a beauty blender.
- Inour BB Cream test it has been shown that a brush is less suitable forapplication, as it absorbs too much of the precious cream.
- Distributethe BB Cream sparingly on the face to make the result look as natural aspossible.
- Beforeusing for the first time, check at a small spot on the face to see if the BBCream color fits.
- Important:Immediately after application, the cream is often a bit grayish, only after afew minutes it adapts to the skin tone.
- Ifthe opacity in some places is not enough, you can help with a little more BBcream or with a concealer.
- For matting, apply a little powder ifnecessary and possibly hide something at the edges.
When is the BBcream recommended?
Due to the diversity of different concepts, there is actually the right BB Cream for every skin type:
- Normalskin: moisturizing, smoothing bumps, balancing the complexion
- Oilyskin and combination skin: matte effects, long lasting even complexion
- Youngskin: basic care through to replacement of foundation / concealer
- Matureskin: Anti-aging care, optical skin tightening and wrinkle reduction
- Sensitiveor irritated skin: natural and hypoallergenic BB creams, anti-inflammatory,long-lasting hydration, gentle care and coverage
On the basis of the diverse propertiesand variations, anyone interested in beauty can now find the best BB Cream forthem.
- BB Creams (Blemish Balms) combine the properties of different skin care products.
- In addition to covering impurities and wrinkles, they also smooth the appearance of the skin and improve the complexion.
- Many of the BB creams also contain UV protection and anti-aging skin care ingredients such as hyaluronic or collagen. So for every skin type, a suitable BB Cream can be found.
- After application, the care product adapts to the skin structure and skin tone. To better match the color of the skin, the BB creams are usually offered in several different shades.
- When choosing the right BB Cream, it is important that the care product contains as little as possible no preservatives or fragrances. This reduces the risk of skin irritation and allergies.
- From our point of view, BB Creams are a very useful invention and enrich the daily skincare program with their variety of functions.